3/3/12

Fri 3/1 - PM 70 minutes incl. 6x1000

Fixated to a misguided degree on doing reps on the track, under some schedule pressure as well so my only option was to run right after work in Wellesley. After yesterday's weather crapfest, the college track had a thin layer of snow on it, enough to cause cumulative core muscle fatigue. Not helping were the shoes I was wearing with very little traction, or the fact that as I stepped on the path I had already created in lane 1 it got progressively more slippery. On top of everything, strung out from the week's activities incl. preparations for the upcoming trip to AZ. End result, got through 3 reps in dead on 3:30 feeling okay, then 3:32, then a pair between 3:34 and 3:35, all with 200m jog. No use in going further to the 8 I had hoped to get through. Certainly things would have gone smoother with a dry track but I have to feel that I still would have run out of gas.

No comments: