2/29/12

2/28 - PM 55 minutes incl. 8k progression run

More last minute changes, I had various ideas for a workout on the Longfellow loop but in the end went to the track instead. Started late enough that it was dark and for visibility reasons mainly that's been putting me off running a workout on roads vs. track. Even though running lap after lap on the track isn't the most appealing thing either. Thought about doing in/out 800s, instead went with a progression, definitely 20 possibly 24 laps. I knew after the first mile it would be the former. Started at 90 second pace, plan was to drop the pace 2 sec/lap with each successive mile. Splits:

5:58.6
5:52.2
5:44.8
5:35.8
5:30.0

tot. 28:41

hitting the numbers with relative ease through the first 4k, then it got tougher, with the last 800m requiring a lot more effort than I would like 82 pace to be. I wondered after finishing if I had started at 6:00 and gone down by 5 sec. per mile instead of the 6-8 if I could have lasted another 4 laps, but I doubt it. 22 laps maybe. Warmup and cooldown both quite abbreviated, looking to get started and get finished with the relatively late start. Some wind on the back straight but nothing like Saturday's workout. Cold but not frigid.

No comments: