2/26/12

Sat 2/25 - AM 55 minutes incl. 15x200, 400

Survived huge winds, which caused a last minute edit to the planned leg prep session (or what passes for leg prep with me). I had originally planned to do some kind of 4-3-2-1 cutdown or monofartlek, but running hard more than 200m at a time in the morning's blustery gale would have required more effort than I was prepared to put forth, so I changed it to 200s with 300-200-100 recoveries. Narrow window of opportunity to get the workout in, had to go early in the morning. With last night's rain I figured the poorly constructed track in Maynard would be swamped, but it had drained enough to be clear although some spots were icy at the start. Arranged things so that I got mostly tailwind on the 2nd and 3rd rep of each set. Repeats averaged a bit over 38 seconds, while not at all impressive given the conditions I'll take it. Recoveries in the low to mid 80s for 300, 55 or so for 200, 27-8 for 100. Last 400 in 78, felt a lot slower, overall time 24:23. Tired by the end but under control throughout. Right leg still somewhat pinched and IT band required the foam roller after the workout.

No comments: