1/5/12

Wed 1/4 - PM 70 minutes

Area 51. Mildly encouraging overall, although the status of the calf remains problematic. The day off helped with the cold, feels like it's just about played out at this point. As expected, the day off also left me more energetic and spry than would otherwise be expected. Had to back off a bit at the half hour mark as the calf was starting to feel a bit tight. It occurred to me that stumbling on poorly seen divots in the woods not exactly the best thing for it. Better after that, taking care not to overstride. I even did four modest pickups on the way in, the effect on the calf was cumulative although not overwhelming. Getting better but still prone to being reaggravated or worse. Getting into any kind of shape for upcoming track races becoming more iffy by the day. The day started bitterly cold, atypical for this winter, and gradually moderated over the course of the afternoon. Still subfreezing temps, which had me decked out in layers and headsock. Wind was slack though so once again I found myself overdressed. Better that than the alternative of course.

No comments: