1/6/12

Thu 1/5 - 45 minutes incl. 4x 2 minute pickups

Levittown. Big big mistake, cherry on the sundae of delusion I've been feasting on regarding the left calf. Since the initial injury in November, I count four incidents of reaggravating the area. Two of them (11/19 and 12/6) relatively minor, the other two (last Friday and today) more serious. With the relatively incident-free three final 3 weeks of December, which included hill drills and the whole bit, I thought I had resolved the problem. Last week's unpleasant surprise doing hill drills put paid to that, and in my desperation to build something resembling fitness for fast-approaching indoor track races I forced the issue today. Shooting for 10x2 minutes with 1 minute recovery. First three reps felt okay, some twinging on the fourth one, and I could feel it start to go about 45 seconds into the fifth rep. Back to the purgatory of icing and jogging for the foreseeable future. Indoor track is circling the drain, very doubtful of my ability to do any races worth a damn in the next six weeks. I'm still confounded by the fact that I could do track workouts and hill drills two weeks ago, incl. the 4-3-2-1 cutdown, all the while the strain was lurking and quite capable of reasserting itself.

No comments: