12/31/11

Fri 12/30 - AM 70 minutes easy

Area 51, with hill drills on White Pond road. Tormented by the dry scratchy throat last night which made getting to sleep nearly impossible. Made the run a chore, no energy to speak of. If I had to drag myself to work today I don't know if I would have made it out the door for any kind of run, given how poorly I slept and how late I ended up sleeping in. More problematic was the fact that I reaggravated the left calf on the final drill. Felt relatively minor at first but of course given how bad the original strain was it proceeded to lock up more and more on the jog home and after finishing. Major downer as I thought I had put that particular issue behind me. Throws the participation in tomorrow's mini-meet in doubt, in fact it looks like I'll have to give it a pass now. Gray and dank conditions to boot, all around a shitty day.

No comments: