8/11/11

Thu 8/11 - AM 2+ hours, Sunnyside trail

Another day of climbing (and descending), this time in Aspen. A town much better experienced from above than up close:
As advertised, the initial climb was no joke, 45 minutes or so most of which was very steep. Reached  the upper elevations with the largest aspens in the state or so I'm told.
The trail on top was quite nice, shady, cool and relatively flat. Taking it easy after the climb up, no stress to speak of. The descent back to the valley floor was more of a trial than I would have liked, thanks to nearly getting lost trying to find the damn bike path to get back to the starting point. Luckily came across a guy walking his dog who put me straight before I headed down a dead end. Walked with him for a few minutes, by this point I had been out around two hours and wasn't really keeping track anyway. Pace varied on the descent, sometimes hauling along in get it over with mode.

No comments: