3/15/11

Sun 3/13 - AM 80 minutes incl. 5k road race

Flat and tired from the moment I got out of bed this morning. Not real surprising, although I did foolishly expect that I could muddle through this race regardless. Realized after about 1200 meters that wouldn't be the case. Put on a bit of a surge the final 600m but this was only because there was someone close enough to be passed. Mile markers went by in 5:05, 5:25, and 5:12. Second mile ever so slightly uphill. Breezy but nothing like the rain-soaked gale experienced here last year. Deeply tired on the 50 minute very easy cooldown from the effort expended. More problematic was the degree to which the left adductor, psoas, and lower back stiffened up after the race. I thought I had made some progress with this over the past week but apparently slogging up and down mountains is a different type of stress than running fast on roads. Feels like a fairly large step back on the quasi-injury front.

No comments: