3/1/11

Mon 2/28 - PM 60 minutes incl. 4.5 miles of 880 cruise/440 hard

Took a stab at a Canova-esque workout, but between the adductor/psoas and how tired I was going in, it was not a great idea. Cut the workout short after 6 repetitions. Trying to hit the half mile cruise in around 3 minutes, consistently just under this. The 400s hoping for 78-9, which is what they all were. Relaxed, but the effort piled up faster than I thought and the adductor/high hammie was feeling pinched right from the start which was disappointing. I like this type of workout, but not on an indoor track with the number of laps. Left leg felt worse afterward than it did after last week's 5k on this track. I suppose I shouldn't have expected any different after how tight the glutes and TFL have been feeling since last Thursday, but I had hoped it was getting better with the added attention to core work of late.

No comments: