1/8/11

65 minutes incl. 2(110-220) in increments

The proverbial workout that's not a workout, mainly because it was so short. Hoping to save my legs for Saturday morning's sandbagging exercise. Left hammie felt relatively good all day at work but upon starting to warm up I could tell it was still stuck more than I had thought. Not as bad as it was Tuesday but I probably shouldn't be running fast stuff on a track right now anyway. Despite this I went through with the planned protocol which was to start with a 110 and progress up to a 220 stepping it up by 22y each time, i.e. six total runs. Recovery jog equal to what I had just run. Timed the 200 for each set, first one a bit over 35 the second just under. It was a fun exercise except for the hamstring which was ready to go at any moment if I  pushed it too hard. The tight turns do it no favors. Crappy weather outside made for another evening spent entirely indoors.

No comments: