10/19/10

Mon 10/18 - PM 60 minutes

Area 51. Thankfully, leg is feeling somewhat better today than yesterday but overall still feeling weak and vulnerable. The achilles issue is going nowhere, of course. It's taking a long time, 20-30 minutes, for the creaky stiffness to work itself out to any appreciable degree. I'd hoped last week's massage would help but it would take daily intensive work to have any effect, if at all.  This won't do on marathon day obviously. Did a few pickups on the way in, which may not have been the best idea but I couldn't help myself. The inability to run at any kind of speed without lasting negative effects has me in a decidedly downcast mood. I find myself taking out my frustration by picking up the pace late whenever possible. Plugging away at the stretching and strengthening, it's been much better as recently as June/July so I know it can get better again. Cool and still evening, nice conditions.

No comments: