6/18/10

Thu 6/17 - PM 30 minutes incl. mile in 4:43

Flat, lethargic and dead-legged mile to cap off the track season. In hindsight it made perfect sense after what I did to myself over the weekend that my legs would be dead, but the 200s on Tuesday got my hopes up that I was good to go. Kept dreaming right through the warmup. Hopes were dashed by 300m into the race when I realized my legs wouldn't go any faster and were already starting to feel heavier with each step. Undoubtedly from the downhill pounding on Sunday. Had I felt like this in the 5k Saturday I would have dropped out but of course I didn't because I didn't have the shit in my legs yet from Sunday's race. All so simple of course. Hit on a steady fade with splits of 68, 70, 72, and 73. Steady breeze on the home straight, cool and of course humid but at least it wasn't hot and humid. Utterly lacking in motivation to cool down, ended up watching the other heats (and there were many) for entertainment.

No comments: