6/13/10

Sat 6/12 - PM 60 minutes incl. 5k in 15:20

Penultimate race of a track season I wasn't expecting to have in the first place. Had been hoping for better, but ran as well as I could given the context of not sleeping enough lately. Felt tired on the warmup, adjusted expectations downward a bit and thought even that might be asking too much. Got into the desired rhythm, thankfully there were others willing to do the work so I could follow. As I knew would happen the pace dragged on the fourth km, but I was able to bring it back some at the end. Had my doubts that I'd be able to. Kilometer splits were 3:03, 3:04, 3:04, 3:07, and 3:01.5. Dank overcast muggy conditions turned into rain, temperature tolerable but all in all more humid than I would like. Left adductor sore afterward, cooldown was a very slow jog on the infield. On a related note, as all my adolescent internet stalkers well know the kiddie track season is at long last well and truly OVER. As such I get my leisure time back. Hallelujah.

No comments: