6/25/10

Fri 6/25 - AM 85 minutes

Magnolia Road, went longer and felt better than I had any hope to beforehand. The string of late late bedtimes conintued unabated after spending last evening at the laser show, all 5 hours of it. Got a bit of a late start in getting to Boulder, by the time I started it was already 10 AM. Surroundings were as ever spectacular, worked into it and started to feel pretty good although the ascents were of course a bitch at 8,000'+. Still, went a bit further than originally planned, stopping 45 minutes out at the 606 trailhead. By this point it felt like the sun was boring a hole into my skull and I could feel myself getting dehydrated. Took a longish break to check out the trail a bit despite the climbing sun and headed back in just over 40 minutes, net downhill on the return trip. Legs rubbery on the return trip ascents, which were mercifully short except for the last long pull which was exhausting. Finished tired and thirsty of course, but much better focus overall than what I was expecting.

No comments: