5/23/10

Sat 5/22 - PM 60 minutes incl. 5k in 15:22.7

About as well as I could have hoped for. Obsessing on the underlying tiredness going in to this meet, standing around at yet another kiddies' meet in the morning didn't help any with this. Took a while to get going on the warmup, but gave myself much more time than last week and this helped. Looking to run between 73 and 74 laps, at the outset it was closer to 73 as I hit the first two kms in 3:03 apiece. This got me thinking I could break 15:20 which would have been a massive overachievement, but reality set in soon after that as the next two kms were each in the 3:06 range. Seamless transition from the faster pace to the slower pace. From 500 to about 3400m I was leading into a mild but annoying breeze that swirled somewhat, starting to struggle with the effort that even 75 laps required. Got some help at that point, gathered myself and made a modest rally over the last 600 meters. Last lap around 70, last 200 34. Overcast conditions most of the day, not too warm but sneaky humidity.

No comments: