3/25/10

Wed 3/24 - PM 65 minutes incl. 12k threshold run

Back to what is becoming the old reliable of workouts. Time tightly budgeted due to various appointments, this was the only session I saw myself being able to accomplish in the slot available. Dragging yet again at work, not sleeping enough for how much the coaching schedule is currently taking out of me, but with two cups of tea mid-morning I was alert enough to put forth the effort. Splits as follows:

6:05/6:05/2:56
5:57/5:54/2:50
5:48/5:53/2:49

The first loop represented a continuation of the warmup more or less. Didn't feel like I was forcing it at all from 4 to 6k, tried to open up the stride a bit after that. The wind went from annoying to downright obnoxious, mainly from the NNW but swirling enough that it hit me from all directions it seemed. The sustained velocity picked up over the course of the workout and there were some huge gusts in the last 10 minutes with road sand being blown in my eyes. Happy to stop and head on in at the end of the third lap. Some airway irritation afterward but not to the same extent as last Friday.

No comments: