7/25/09

Fri 7/24 - double, 2:10 total

AM - 95 minutes, AZ trail from Walnut Canyon Rd. to Sinclair Wash, passing through Fisher Point. Great place to run as always, but the remoteness and length of it kicked my ass once again. Ran out of steam earlier than I had planned, forgot about the difference between regular miles and "Flagstaff miles" when looking at the length of the route on the map. Right hip tight at first, loosened up eventually. Hit my stride from 40-60 minutes or so and from then on I was in get it over with mode. Broiled in the sun as well, finished up fairly dehydtrated and quite tired.

PM - 35 minutes in Sedona, Bell Rock TH to Back of Beyond Rd. Much more of it than I had planned was on the side of rt. 179 as the trail I had planned on taking was nowhere to be found. Still kind of stiff-legged but energy levels returned for the most part after a long afternoon nap.

No comments: