3/15/09

Sun 3/15 - AM 2 hours incl. 5k road race in 16:00

Solid if unspectacular effort on this course which had a little more roll to it than I expected. Easy jog warmup stretched out to half an hour, took all of that time for stiff sore right leg to loosen up at all. Return of the sharp pain on the medial patellafemoral attachment during this warmup, it's been a while. I didn't miss it any. Finally got things working more or less, esp. after a brief set of drills in the parking lot. Race got out relatively relaxed for the first 600m which I liked a lot then the course tilted up into a gradual incline the next 600m which made things less relaxed. More rolling over the remainder of the course but the first mile had the biggest hill, if you want to even call it that. Stayed between fourth and sixth the entire race, had the guy in front of me lined up at times but the last mile I just wanted to get it over with and so settled for the spot I was in. A function of the past few days of higher volume no doubt. I hope. Missed the mile split but 2 miles passed in 10:16. The last mile seemed to stretch on forever. At the time I thought maybe the course was a little long but it doesn't appear that way on closer inspection. Cooldown was a very relaxed, very slow hour plus to, from and around Fresh Pond. Soreness in right thigh post-race was less that what I thought it would be. Warm and pleasant conditions all day, bit of a breeze as the afternoon wore on but nothing major.

No comments: