9/11/08

Wed 9/10 - PM 80 minutes incl. 4x2k

Found immediately on starting the warmup that there were plenty of kinks left in my legs from Monday's run. Extended the warmup a few extra minutes as a result and kept the pace a bit slower the first km of the first rep. Splits as follows:

6:51.7
6:50.4
6:47
6:41.5

nothing spectacular but it was the effort I was looking for. Under control throughout, the pace dropped the last two reps without any conscious effort to do so except for the final km of the last rep. I had planned on taking a 400m jog between reps but I realized after the first one that I was sufficiently recovered to go again after 200 (i.e. 60 seconds), which is what it was the rest of the way. This worked out well enough for four reps. Had there been a fifth rep as I'm planning for future iterations of this session longer recoveries throughout likely would have been necessary. Cooldown was an easy 20 minutes. Autumnal conditions today in the best possible way, cool and dry with very little breeze, close to perfect for running.

No comments: