3/22/08

Fri 3/21 - PM RLTAC 60 minutes incl. 8k in 26:15

Much-anticipated in/out workout, alas I found myself just a bit flat over the past few days and as such the desired 5:04/5:32 split was more of a reach than I would have liked. Splits as follows:

5:05
5:31
5:07
5:27
5:05

miscounted the laps such that I picked it up for the last 1600 with 9 to go. A surprising gaffe that I didn't realize until we hit 1 to go and I thought we were done. I had hoped to finish with a flourish but as it was, maintaining 38 second laps on the last two faster miles was plenty. Felt much more spry on Tuesday and my feeling is that this workout would have gone faster had I done it then. As it was, bedtime has been a bit out of whack and I spent much of the day off from work in bed and this inevitably led to feeling somewhat flat. The lesson as ever is to sleep better during the midweek. Calf an area of concern after it was quite tight following Tuesday's workout but didn't notice it so much tonight. Very short cooldown of 10 minutes, rigor mortis setting in fast.

No comments: