2/24/08

Sun 2/24 - AM 75 minutes incl. 5k in 15:21

The indoor season ends with another effort that was smooth, relaxed, and a bit slower than what I would have liked. In fact, for the third race in a row I was about 10 seconds slower than what I realistically had hoped. After a barely sufficient warmup of maybe 15 minutes, I decided it would be best to start out conservatively, I wasn't alone as the pack did as well. Settled into an even rhythm of 37+ second laps. This put me by myself the second half of the race except for lapped runners and one early leader who faltered badly after 3k. Smelled the barn door a bit with the last lap being around 34 but everything else was consistently around 37 it seemed. Still somewhat congested, not that I felt it affected the race at all. I don't feel there have been any lingering problems from the red eye flight either. The cooldown was as long as the warmup was short, 45 minutes easy along the river in bright breezy conditions.

No comments: