11/7/07

Tue 11/6 - PM 80 minutes incl. 6400m cutdown in 22:43

After a 25 minute warmup and drills, successive 1600 splits of 5:55, 5:45, 5:35, and 5:28. The last number tells the story as I too quickly reached the point at which I couldn't maintain the pace progression anymore. From the beginning, every pace felt 10 sec/mile faster than what it actually was. Worth noting here that six weeks ago I was able to run the hilly 4.6m course in Lincoln at a much faster overall pace without undue stress. Still feeling flat, still tired, still running poorly. A couple of days feeling decent don't make up for the three shitty weeks preceding them. I had planned on doing either an 8k cutdown with the last mile @5:15 or the 6400m cutdown followed by 4x400. As it turns out I did neither. Attempted a 400 after a five minute break, rolled through 200 in just over 37 and it felt much harder than that. Combined with ongoing stomach issues that bugged me during the warmup and a sore right hip flexor and some lingering soreness in the left hammie, it was an easy call to bag it. This left me with a decidedly unimpressive result for the workout. Got to bed early last night feeling good and tired, yet I slept fitfully for no good reason whatsoever. Conditions for the workout were favorable for this time of year, no wind to speak of and chilly but not too cold. Cooldown was a crawl, negligible knee lift due to core fatigue and soreness.

No comments: