11/23/07

Thu 11/22 - double, 90 minutes total incl. 5k road race

AM - 25 minute or so warmup, 5k in 16:00, 10 minute cooldown. Ran about what I thought I would be capable of which is somewhat edifying even if the time is depressingly mediocre. Warmup was very slow as it took time for the tight sore goosefoot to loosen up at all. I was concerned how it would feel in the race but as ever once the gun went off, the focus was elsewhere. From a tactical standpoint I ran quite well, held back a bit on the slightly uphill first mile and then moved up to the lead group by 2.5m. As I rolled up to the leader's shoulder the eventual winner made an aggressive move that I wasn't able to cover completely, but the two of us got clear and maintaining the second spot was no problem. No mile markers that I could tell but I was running on feel anyway and didn't bother to start the watch. Cool humid conditions.

PM - just under 45 minutes very easy. Needed a shakeout after the cooldown this morning was cut short. Shuffling along, energy level pretty low after the race this morning and a long day yesterday. Goosefoot stiff and sore, alarmingly so at times near the end of the run. Definitely inflamed. I did some cross-fiber friction on the VMO and adductor area after the run which seemed to help, but the next few days will tell the tale.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that was a good race--who are you kiddin