11/7/17

Week of 10/30-11/5

Mon 10/30 - PM 45 minutes very easy. Legs feel even worse than yesterday, if that's possible. Quads in particular are busted. Took forever to get out the door.

Tue 10/31 - PM 50 minutes very easy. Lather, rinse repeat, although I'm starting to feel a bit better I think. Right hamstring has a knot in it I didn't notice the last two days.

Wed 11/1 - PM 50 minutes very easy. Thought I might be ready for something more substantive but the neverending grind of the coaching schedule combined with ongoing difficulties getting to bed at a decent hour have left me in total fraud state. Incapable of training at the moment, just jogging along.

Thu 11/2 - PM 50 minutes incl. 15x200, 400. Return of an old chestnut that I haven't done in far too long. Numbers terribly unimpressive, total time 26:25. Cleared splits off my watch before recording them but they were garbage, 39-41 for 200s and 81.3 for the 400 at the end. Left leg felt like crap from the start, still not right after the race five days ago. Soldiered through which was probably not the best idea in hindsight but an itch that needed to be scratched.

Fri 11/3 - off. Straight from kiddie practice to an evening on the town with the CH. Left hammie/TFL pinched and stiff from yesterday, not fun at all sitting for any length of time.

Sat 11/4 - AM 30 minutes very easy. Scrounging run around Maynard with various stops along the way.
PM 30 minutes easy. More running around Maynard after spending the late morning/early afternoon standing in a field at the kiddie meet. Nursing the sore leg along, not exactly a huge double but better than nothing.

Sun 11/5 - AM 50 minutes incl. 5k road race. Something of a last minute decision to return to this particular miserable course that has yielded positive results in most every previous visit. Knew from the start that second was the best I could do, which is where I found myself after passing the obligatory high school kid/sacrificial lamb just before the mile mark. From there tried not to undo myself on the uphill then downhill second mile which is as onerous as I remember it. From there I wanted to shut it down but the next guy was too close to let the foot off the gas too much. In the end I was able to gear down but only at the 3 mile mark. Mile splits of 5:25, 6:04, 5:36. Warmup and cooldown were both leisurely affairs as I wasn't feeling energetic at all after getting to bed too late last night
PM 30 minutes very easy around Maynard with the CH. Very relaxed run with the best company.

No comments: