10/31/17

Week of 10/23-10/29

Mon 10/23 - PM 55 minutes easy

Tue 10/24 - PM 20 minutes easy. Hot garbage, totally flat and tired, also left hamstring has a knot in it.

Wed 10/25 - PM 60 minutes easy. Second try at doing a workout, second fail. Left hammie better than yesterday but still not right.

Thu 10/26 - PM 20 minutes easy. Second day in three with a big whiff. So tired, went to bed a bit earlier last night and felt better for it this morning but still totally spent by the end of the day.

Fri 10/27 - off. Kind of figured there'd be no time, and there wasn't. Long day with coaching responsibilities stretching from lunch to dinnertime.

Sat 10/28 - 95 minutes incl. half marathon. Much less competitive race overall than last year but that mattered little to me as my competition was no more than 3 meters away for at least 12.5 miles of the race. Unable to close the deal after going back and forth between thinking I had the thing in my hip pocket and later on, figuring I had been exposed for the undertrained, underrested fraud I very much feel like at the moment. First mile was relaxed to the point of being lazy and I was perfectly willing to take it but the competition wasn't and bolted at the mile mark. There followed a consistent stretch of miles in 6:05-6:15 range. Various annoying surges which I figured I could weather well enough. Started to feel it for real around 8 miles, thought I was done for initially by 9 or so but then the rope got pulled back in between 10 and 11. Licking my chops during the 12th mile but then the rope got stretched again over the final mile and I couldn't keep up. Very tired from before the gun going off and finished feeling quite spent. Not that broken up over what is on the surface another garbage performance. The work on normalizing my pathologically late bedtime continues but it's a tough slog while coaching continues. Very nice conditions overall, cool and light breezes. Splits:

6:22/12:13 (2+3)/6:05/6:07/6:11/6:11/6:08/6:05/6:15/6:12/6:13/6:14

Sun 10/29 - 50 minutes very easy, Area 51. Putter through the refuge with the CH, which made up for the fact that my legs were trashed utterly from the race yesterday. Quads in particular took a beating and are tender in the extreme. Spent the morning doing yard work, then the run as I could smell that it wouldn't happen if I didn't get out right then and there. Sporadic rain and overcast skies rolling in.

No comments: