6/26/17

Week of 6/19-6/25

Mon 6/19 - PM 80 minutes easy plus 15 minutes in Walden. Moving slowly pretty much throughout, with hamstring and left piriformis still stuck. Hot day.

Tue 6/20 - off. Super tired after a long night.

Wed. 6/21 - PM 60 minutes easy. Late start as per usual when going from home. Left leg kind of useless, very stiff.

Thu 6/22 - PM 80 minutes elliptigo arc. The idea of heading to the pond had little appeal, headed out to Sudbury and Stow instead. Up and over Whitman Street which was predictably exhausting. Overall a good ride although I'm not certain if the elliptigo exacerbates the tightness in my piriformis or not.

Fri 6/23 - PM 80 minutes plus 20 minutes in Walden. Frustrating run as I was unable to get any kind of a decent pace going thanks to the left hamstring which remains stubbornly pegged. One muscular issue has been seamlessly replaced by another with the hamstring/piriformis picking up where the right calf left off. Incapable of keeping myself in a place where I can actually train it would seem.

Sat 6/24 - AM 60 minutes elliptigo arc. First half in disgusting humidity, second half in a driving rain. Followed by a drive up to Maine and thankfully much better weather.

Sun 6/25 - AM 40 minutes incl. 5k road race. Seemed like a good idea when I signed up. That was before the left leg issues came to the fore. Made even a very low key local yokel event seem a daunting task. Combined with getting there too late to do anything resembling an adequate warmup I had no idea whether the leg would hold up at all. As it turns out it did but plenty sore afterward. Flat course along rail trail and Back Cove path, ran only as fast as I had to to secure the second spot overall. First wasn't happening as I'm utterly incapable of running a 17 minute 5k on a flat course right now. Not getting more than a few hours sleep overnight as I forgot my sleeping pad for camping didn't help matters. Sunny and getting quite warm (hot) by the 9 AM start.

No comments: