1/10/17

Sun 1/8 - PM 50 minutes incl. 3 mile tempo, 1000m

Somewhat marred attempt at a "marker" workout i.e. fitness check. Should have known better quite frankly. Mistakes were plentiful, chief among them coming back so soon after Friday's workout, should have waited until tomorrow but then it would have backed on to Wednesday's planned session. Then the pace on the tempo portion was too quick, just under 5:40 pace which isn't my LT pace at the moment, even calling it LT minus 10 sec/mile is a big stretch. Predictably, this left me more fatigued than I should have been for the km even with a nearly 15 minute break. Finally, exceptionally late bedtime led to a tired flat feeling in general despite a nap in the afternoon. As such, the 3 minute km I was shooting for wound up at 3:05.5 instead, with a first lap of 36 and all others stuck at 37-mid even as the effort to run that pace got tougher with each lap. I'd like to think I didn't rig but it was certainly rig adjacent by the end. Splits:

5:42.7/5:38.7/5:33.8
shooting for 5:44/5:40/5:36 which was too quick as it was and I still overbaked it
15R
3:05.5

Very short cooldown inside as it was getting quite late thanks to getting started later than I had planned. More lazybones nonsense there.

No comments: