5/19/16

Sun 5/15 - double, 45 minutes incl. 5k road race plus 45 minutes elliptigo

AM - 45 minutes incl. 5k road race. Got to bed far too late after a busy day and evening yesterday and felt it upon waking up. This was the least of my concerns however as yesterday's gusty breezes became a steady, punishing westerly wind overnight and made for particularly loathsome racing conditions. Spent the first half of the race getting blasted in the face by it, which I suppose is better than having this happen in the second half but still. To top it all off, I misjudged the competition and found myself in front of people I should have been tucked behind for that headwind-plagued first half. Those two patiently waited for me to sputter out and then passed and pulled away despite my best efforts to latch on. I may not have been able to beat either of them regardless of strategy but certainly did myself no favors running alone and getting blasted for a mile and a half. Overdid it for sure yesterday but that was compounded by the late bedtime and lack of sleep overall.

PM - 45 minutes elliptigo. Not as fast paced as yesterday's ride and with many stops as well. Tried unsuccessfully to take a nap after getting home from the race thanks to caffeine. Still despicably windy, bundled up to a ridiculous degree for this time of year.

No comments: