4/28/16

Thu 4/21 - PM 55 minutes incl. 1600-1200-800-400

Finally able to do something other than jog, although it took a good long while to get out the door. As a result, went with an option that was shorter and seemed more doable. In contrast to previous times that I've tried this workout, where it felt overbaked and I failed to meet pace goals going in, this time I decided that the recovery would be a float equal in distance to the upcoming rep and I wouldn't expect as much of a pace drop from one rep to the next. With no timed stuff on the track for a couple months now I had no idea what sort of pace to shoot for. Blasted through the first 200 of the first rep in under 40 seconds which I knew to be too quick and adjusted from there as best I could. In the end both the reps and the recoveries followed an orderly if very incremental progression:

5:23 (4:45)
4:01 (3:13)
2:39 (1:37)
78.1

On the plus side the pace did pick up as the rep length decreased, but that 78 felt more apocalyptic than I would have liked. Less windy today than the previous three days which was a nice change.

No comments: