4/26/16

Mon 4/18 - PM 1:40

Natick to Boston, i.e. the final 14+ miles of the marathon course guiding a blind runner. Not entirely sure what to expect having never done this before. Much more crowded than I was expecting which made for a lot of dodging back and forth. Trying to take my pace cues from the guy I was running with, thought he was a little behind the projected pace when he reached me on what looked to be a warm day with a bit of a headwind. It didn't occur to me that he expected me to set the pace as well as guide him, which meant we went slower than he would have liked in hindsight. It didn't seem like he was capable of going much quicker up the hills, but certainly hammered the downhills and the last 2k we were flying passing everything else on the road. Headwind got steadily stronger and the temperature cooler as we approached the city. Pace was never an issue, although it would have been more so had we gone at the suggested pace on the hilly second half of the route. Feet sore from wearing the wrong socks and somewhat stiff-soled racing flats.

No comments: