4/4/16

Sat 4/2 - PM 70 minutes incl. 3200, 2x1600, 3200

Longfellow loop. Dreading this session a bit more than usual and certainly more than I should. This due mainly to the fact that the original plan included another pair of 1600s tacked on to the end. Feeling so flat yesterday didn't help matters any. Decided after the second 1600 that I'd be curtailing the workout and with it came a sense of relief. Perhaps if I had taken a more conservative tack at the outset I might have made it through the entire thing but that didn't happen. Instead, I resolved to hit the second 3200 in under 11:30 which seemed a tough but reasonable goal. Not a problem thankfully. Splits:

5:45/5:49
3.5R
5:34.6
2R
5:43.0
2R
5:39/5:44

The "speed" such as it is on the final rep opened up the idea that maybe, possibly I could handle some faster paced training with longer recoveries in the near future. We'll see. Gloomy overcast and rain in the morning and early afternoon gave way to a surprisingly nice late afternoon/early evening, with the sun poking through and not nearly as windy as I thought.

No comments: