11/29/15

Thu 11/26 - AM 60 minutes incl. 5k cross country race

Maudslay Park. No snow on the ground like last year, in fact the conditions were as close to ideal as one is going to get at this time of year. Not too cold and very little if any wind. Alas, I didn't get a particularly restful night's sleep and I could feel it from the moment the alarm went off. Not helping matters was a relatively late arrival which resulted in an inadequately short warmup. Thought I was within myself enough for the initial climbs but after topping out I realized I had bitten off more than I could chew when the only competition I was concerned about was right on my shoulder and proceeded to make a pass that I couldn't respond to. Spent most of the rest of the race trying in vain to close the gap until it became clear on the final ascent to the finish line it wasn't happening. Overall a weak sauce effort but what else could I expect given the totally inadequate training of late. Cooldown was a mellow jog with the CH.

No comments: