11/19/15

Sun 11/15 - AM 75 minutes incl. trail race

Upton State Forest. Feeling tired from the moment I got up, as has so often been the case on weekends of late. After a barely adequate warmup, took on the 10.5k loop that was exactly as advertised. That is, a mix of technical ascents and descents with stretches covered in leaves. I should have known better as I was expecting smoother footing but it was a case of being deluded. The toughest climbs came about 5 miles in and were steeper than expected. Led from gun to wire, not necessarily what I would have wanted but went with the flow. Able to hold the lead throughout although it was closer than I would have liked given the absence of any notable competition. Dodged a massive bullet by opting out of the two-loop half marathon in favor of the shorter distance, as the half would have been utter misery.

No comments: