8/25/15

Sun 8/23 - AM 60 minutes incl. uphill race followed by downhill hike

Made it through (hopefully) unscathed. Some soreness in the toe but nothing too bothersome, although the right calf is tweaked for sure from favoring it. Insecurities about my physical status led to a fairly conservative start to the race, found myself hanging around the top 10 after the first few minutes. Passed by a couple of guys between the mile mark and 3 mile mark. I had mostly given up on the battle to get them back until near the end when the slope flattened enough that I felt I could pick it up somewhat. Misjudged the finish line and made a more substantial move too soon, nearly paid for it but able to recover enough to get re-pass the high school kid who had just re-passed me and staggered across the line from there. Hike down was more of a trial than I remembered, coming down the ski slope is a steep proposition as it turns out. Splits:

8:02
8:50
9:25
9:50
3:01

overall time the slowest by far of the three times I've done this race but I had other concerns.

No comments: