5/4/15

Wed 4/29 - PM 60 minutes incl. 4x400, 4x300, 4x200, 4x100

The flatness of the past two days continued unabated into today, with the problem being that a workout was on the schedule. Went through with it but felt like crap and put up atrocious numbers. With an equal jog recovery after each rep this should have been at least a little uptempo at least by my standards. Instead I was scraping the bottom of the barrel from the first rep. Felt a bit better as the reps got shorter but that was only because I didn't have to focus for as long. Splits which are lost to posterity as my watch unexpectedly ran out of memory partway through. From the memory between my ears, the 400s were all around 79, 300s around 58, 200s in 38 or so, and the 100s in just under 19 seconds. Ugh. The whole thing (8k) went by in 31:35. The workout is a good one and something I'd like to try again sometime when I'm feeling a bit more like myself. Some breeziness to deal with on the track of course, but not as bad as expected to be honest.

No comments: