5/7/15

Sat 5/2 - AM 85 minutes incl. 16k threshold run

Longfellow loop. The original plan was to do five laps for 20k, and I started out conservatively with this in mind. However, it became clear on the third lap that five would be a bridge too far and I scaled back to four matching the last time I did one of these tempo/progression/threshold runs, which was before the trip to VA. A disappointment on the face of it but after the way the past few days have gone I was happy to get through four laps, albeit slower than the last time. Although I have to feel like I felt more wiped out on the last lap than last month's go-round. Awoke to gloomy overcast and fog, which cleared at precisely 9 AM as if a switch had been flipped giving way to sunny skies and increasing temps. Splits:

6:14/6:14/2:55
6:00/6:05/2:56
6:01/6:04/2:52
5:53/5:57/2:50


No comments: