4/1/15

Tue 3/31 - PM 70 minutes incl. 6x long hill reps

Back to Heartbreak for the first time in years. Bottom to top, with the recently added wrinkle of working the descent as much as the ascent. Took the recovery at the base, just over a minute as I started each rep 5 minutes after the previous one. I had notions of doing 10 reps, in fact 8 would have been a much more realistic upper limit. In reality, I could feel myself flagging on the sixth, much more than the fifth, and I could tell any more would be a bridge too far. Quickly reminded of why I came to despise doing workouts here, while not especially steep the damn thing drags on forever. Tried to measure out the effort so as not to feel like I was stalling out, with mixed results at best. Biggest surprise was how close the splits were up vs. down. The wind blowing up the hill had something to do with this for sure but still.

1:59.3/1:50.4
1:55.2/1:51.0
1:56.2/1:50.1
1:56.4/1:49.3
1:56.6/1:46.8
1:57.1/1:51.2

Overall, still feeling more tired than I would like although much better than yesterday's drag-ass effort. Went for another long cooldown despite there not being much in the tank.

No comments: