3/30/15

Sat 3/28 - AM 65 minutes incl. road race

Flat and disappointingly mediocre effort in typically miserable conditions. Slept poorly, what else is new, and felt the predictable effects from the moment I started the warmup. Thought that this event, held as part of some gear-freak triathlon nerd expo, would be a low-key fitness test and found to my chagrin that there were more than enough people who showed up capable of putting me out of the running for even a modest GC prize. Moved up past a few people in the first half, but then stalked and passed on the second of two loops around MIT's athletic fields. I could feel myself slowing the second time around, just waiting for it to end the last half mile or so. Weather played a big role as well, for the second Saturday morning in a row a miserable wet snow was falling. Unlike last weekend though, much more wind with this event which made things miserable, particularly the half of the course that went into the teeth of it. Good day to wear half tights, which I conveniently forgot to bring. Took a somewhat extended cooldown along the river knowing I'd get blasted by the wind but at least I was better dressed by then. The back end of a planned double went completely by the boards as the snow and wind didn't quit and I found myself running multiple errands.

No comments: