4/6/15

Fri 4/3 - 85 minutes incl. 16k progression run

Longfellow loop. Overall a pleasant surprise, although part of that is down to having very low expectations going in. Penciled this workout in a a couple of weeks ago, and when the appointed day arrived I found myself not feeling as motivated or confident as I thought. Last two days of lethargy not helping any. Took a while to get out the door as a result. Upon hitting the first 800m split in 3:08 I figured it was more of same fatigued garbage but hung in there as the splits started to drop over subsequent laps. Milder weather which was nice, but with the usual spring breeze which in this case was blowing from the SW meaning more of a headwind on the first half of the loop. Some concern that I picked it up too much on the start of the third lap but in hindsight I was good for it. Opened it up a little more on the final lap, which left me predictably tired but noteworthy that I was able to pick it up in the first place. Splits:

6:09/6:03/2:52
5:58/6:02/2:52
5:55/5:56/2:51
5:49/5:51/2:46

tacked on an extra 200m after the fourth lap to make it the full distance.


No comments: