2/19/15

Wed 2/18 - PM 60 minutes incl. 12 minute tempo, 8x200

Flat and disjointed mess of a workout. Feeling quite tired after the second day in a row of doing a lot of walking around at work, which left me more wiped out than I had bargained for. Originally planned to do 2.5 miles of switching pace every half mile followed by a couple sets of 600/400/200. At the last possible moment I was persuaded to do a progression outside on the loop encircling Harvard's athletic buildings when I found out this loop is right about 3/4 mile. The plan was to start at 5:50 pace and get down to 5:30 pace. Instead the pace was close to 5:30 from the get-go and it felt totally forced and uncomfortable. While each lap was within two seconds of each other, by the third lap I was quite ready to stop which is precisely what I did. Feeling so wiped out from that, the 6/4/2 thing went right out the window and I figured doing untimed glorified strides, like alternating 200s and 100s, would be better. Again, I was persuaded to do something different, in this case alternating 39 and 49 second laps. The putative goal was to do three miles of this but I knew going in that I'd likely make it only to two, running slightly faster than the goal on average. In fact by 1.5 miles I knew I was cooked, not that I wasn't cooked from the moment I arrived at the facility. Right calf didn't react well at all to yesterday's mistaken decision to run on slippery snow-covered roads, and felt like crap as well. All in all feeling quite beleaguered at the moment. No end in sight to the cold, snowbound conditions of course.

No comments: