2/25/15

Sun 2/22 - PM 75 minutes incl. track 3k

Underwhelming (to say the least) end to an indoor campaign that started out with some promise. What a difference six weeks makes, as I ran the same distance 25 seconds faster. Knew going in the edge had been lost but not by this much. As it was, I set out to try to maintain 9:15 pace which lasted all of 3 laps. Ended up splitting 3:07, 3:13, and 3:13 for each km. Felt reasonably smooth and the calf didn't bother me much at all thankfully but just flat and tired. A common theme of late needless to say. Can't bring myself to get overly worked up about this one to be honest. Between the illness that dragged on for weeks, the re-strained calf which I think stemmed originally from attempting to run on packed snow conditions back in late January before we were completely buried, and of course the brutal weather I'm happy to be done with track races for a while. Speaking of the weather, temps were above average for the first day this month, and above freezing for the first day in over two weeks. Celebrated this by going out for a long cooldown around the dingier precincts of Allston. Fun times.

No comments: