10/28/14

Mon 10/27 - PM 80 minutes very easy

Area 51. About what I expected, not in a good way. The "beat with a hammer" feeling is gradually leaving the quads but the right calf remains as frayed as it's ever been. Not far removed from not being able to run at all. Regrettably, I tweaked the calf twice in less than 30 seconds early on while attempting to traverse the rail bed next to High Street in the fading daylight at the beginning of the run. Not what I needed in any way. Made the best of it though by enjoying the serene conditions of the refuge at dusk, including a fairly sublime and extended break at the Puffer Pond dock. Did some stretching and compressions on the calf while sitting there which seemed to help some. Took the quickest way back from there even though it meant running right down rt. 27 with all the cars. At the glacial pace I was going I didn't have the time to be taking a more scenic route home.

No comments: