9/4/14

Tue 9/2 - double, 60 minutes total very easy

AM - 20 minutes very easy. Utterly disgusting conditions, you know it's going to be sticky when it's necessary to pull off the shirt and go bare-chested at 6:45 in the morning. Right calf is feeling cranky after yesterday's race and all the time spent sitting in the car afterward.

PM - 40 minutes very easy, to and from the Wayland town beach from the school. An exercise in pure frustration, as a wave of apocalyptic t-storms (the second of the afternoon) rolled through just as I was ready to head down the road. After a gross and sticky day stuck in a building with no AC, and standing around during practice while the first line of storms passed through and soaked me to the core of my being, all I wanted to do was go for a dip in the lake. It wasn't to be as there was thunder and visible lightning popping off every minute it seemed. Close enough and frequent enough that even someone as stubborn as me stayed out of the water. So I ended up running there, looking at the beach hoping the thunder would stop, and running back. Slowly. Right leg feels fairly crappy.

No comments: