2/9/14

Sat 2/8 - PM 50 minutes incl. track mile

The roundly unsatisfying and underwhelming indoor campaign ends as it began with a drag-ass final lap capping off a positive split turd. Slowest finish to any track race in recent memory in fact, 40 seconds or so. In hindsight, I should have taken the hint after not getting into the old fart olympics and given this meet a pass entirely but I remained utterly deluded convinced that I could make a better accounting of myself than the 4:48-50 rut I've been in. Instead, after a disjointed distracted warmup and yet another race rolling through the half in 2:22, it became abundantly clear on the fifth lap that I was banging my head on the same wall once more. After hitting 3/4 in 3:35 I made an ill-advised move on the backstretch of the penultimate lap. A perfect example of spitting into the wind as all it did for me was leave me out of gas at the bell thus the trudge home. The calf was is and remains more tweaked than I was prepared to admit going in, and it felt terrible afterward on the superslow cooldown. After straining it somehow on New Year's Day it's been frayed ever since. Still feeling like something's lacking mojo-wise as well, as it's been for months now. Probably in need of an extended break but the most I'll do is take a break from workouts and track races.

No comments: