2/24/14

Sat 2/22 - double, 75 minutes total incl. 5k road race

AM - 50 minutes incl. 5k road race. The sandbag tour hits the road, to Green Valley which is a relative term in the desert. Legs heavy and sore after yesterday, the previous three days actually, not that I expected any different. Hoping merely to make the trip worth my while which it was in the end, although the race itself was another 18 minute dud like the last one in Acton. Similar dubious course length and split pattern, with the first two miles going in just over 12 minutes followed by the third "mile" being 5:30. While the course did grind inexorably up from about the quarter mile mark until about halfway before coming back down, it didn't feel at all like I was changing gears, or running fast for that matter. Merely surviving. If anything I've slept less during this trip than I was in the weeks leading up to it which doesn't help any. Overall win was there for the taking but I couldn't hang with a guy doing a workout in training shoes. Cooldown was a very easy 15 minute jog. Entire event took place in as synthetic and plastic an environment as I've ever seen, i.e. a gated golf course community. God's waiting room, southwest division. Right calf and hammie not as bothersome as I thought they'd be.

PM - 25 minutes very easy shakeout to Santa Rita park for stretching. Legs stiff and wooden to start, felt much better after stretching but still quite sore. Last run in Tucson for the trip.

No comments: