7/8/13

Sun 7/7 - AM 95 minutes very easy plus 25 minutes in Walden

Lincoln woods. Woke up to a disturbing level of stiffness and soreness in the glute/piriformis from yesterday's effort on the track. Having bad flashbacks to the last time I ran on the track, which is why I hadn't stepped on a track at all between then and now. I knew there'd be an issue, hoping when I went to bed that it wouldn't be too bad though and maybe the shorter distance raced would mitigate the effects somewhat. Very anxious about dragging my right leg through another painful slog, so did a copious amount of stretching and mobility drills before leaving the parking lot. This may have helped or maybe it just wasn't quite so bad as a month ago, as I made it through the run in one piece. Never went faster than a slow jog of course, and even at that slow speed I'd had enough by the end. Continued sky high dewpoint but at least some overcast kept the temp from spiking as the noontime hour approached.

No comments: