7/14/13

Sat 7/13 - double, 1:50 total

AM - 60 minutes, Northfield. Library parking lot to the top of Craig/Crag Mtn. via School St, St. Mary's and of course, Old Wendell. Pace was much quicker than most of the runs this week right from the jump, likely because I was able to sleep in a bit and actually felt somewhat awake given when the mid-morning start. Took a break at Hobo Falls at about the 35 minute mark, which had some water flowing for the first time that I've seen. The final pitch from there was more exhausting than I'd like as the right hammie/glute and calf were starting to stiffen up. Overcast to start, then intermittent showers started in on the second half of the run. Still relatively cool.

PM - 50 minutes, Norwottuck RT. From Pratt Field to the river, trip back on the bike at warp speed. Started quite slowly, pace picked up some in the second half to the extent that I was able given a hitch in the giddy-up thanks to the right leg still being stiff. Had I done some stretching between runs it likely wouldn't have been nearly as much of a factor but of course I didn't. More showers during the afternoon but by the time I started it was just humid and gross. Warmer as well, enough so that the dip in the river at the end was quite satisfying.

No comments: