6/14/13

Wed 6/12 - PM 30 minutes easy

Concord Center. Abysmal day thanks mostly to the right leg not feeling one whit better than it did yesterday. I had delusions of doing a workout today, which seemed like no big deal as recently as Sunday even after shuffling through the miserable slog the day after that turd of a 5k. However, the right calf was just as tight, tib anterior too, as it was yesterday. Hammie of course still locked up as well, and the source of sufficient discomfort to make anything faster than a jog impossible. Thought I would at least do a set of drills and strides to see if it would loosen things up but it wasn't happening so I cut them short. Thus ended the dream of doing anything remotely uptempo. On top of the ongoing leg woes, the sore throat I picked up over the weekend is going through the usual progression. Still making it hard to get a full night's sleep as if I ever get that anyway. Needed the rest more than I needed to flog myself as a result. Plenty of time rolling on the foam roller and lax ball after the run, glute and piriformis a mess.

No comments: