2/13/13

Tue 2/12 - PM 65 minutes incl. 4xmile

Ambivalent about doing a track session after a poor night's sleep and the fact that there's no track racing on the horizon, but given the state of the roads it was the only way to get in running faster than a jog. Planned on doing 5 reps with 90 second recoveries. Made a conscious effort to progress the pace even if it meant dawdling a bit early. After 4 I waffled for a moment but knew deep down I was done, and one more would put me over the edge. The numbers such as they are:

5:27 (2:45, 2:42)
5:29.2 (2:46.5, 2:42.7)
5:29.2 (2:46.4, 2:42.8)
5:30.3 (2:46.6, 2:43.7)

The fact that I could only get through 4 at such a pedestrian pace speaks volumes about where my fitness is at right now. Which is to say in the dumper. Status of right leg, both hamstring and calf, is a big contributing factor as I started to feel the calf stiffen up on the second rep and by the end the hammie was twinging as well. Underlying fatigue remains an issue as well, seems like I'm physically incapable of getting to bed at a decent hour during the week. In hindsight, attempting to race on the track last weekend would likely have been fairly disastrous.

No comments: