1/17/13

Wed 1/16 - PM 60 minutes

Levittown to Summerhill and Sheridan. More snow fell during the morning, fairly dismal conditions underfoot although temp and wind were reasonable. The ever so brief taste of running on trails again is of course over with heavy wet stuff on the ground, back to shitty road loops. Right hammie sticking at the outset, not to an unbearable degree but enough to make things harder than they should be. It's improving but not as quickly as I'd like and of course I do myself no favors by overdoing it. Pace actually progressed somewhat as the leg loosened up over the course of the run. I have a better idea of what happened on the night I slipped and fell on the ice thanks to a moment this evening when I tripped on the edge of the road with my left foot, started to fall off to the side and caught myself with the right leg. Wrenched the right hammie just a bit in doing so. Given the immediate sensation in the right hip and butt, this had to have been what happened on that fateful evening when I was running timed pickups and hit the deck. Of course this aggravated things at least a little but hopefully not too much. I'm continuing to do what I can with the compressions and cross fiber friction, but it seems like a holding action at times.

No comments: